SakerPride - "Telling the Saker Story & MORE"
His OBITUARY is posted on this Website at: http://www.sakerpride.com/IN-LOVING-MEMORY2.html
CHURCH BULLETIN "OOOOOOPSES"!! LOL!!
Principal Don Witt celebrating his 82nd Birthday IN STYLE, on May 6th 2012. Photo Credit: Mrs. Ruth Witt! (Notice, just beyond his right shoulder, the Florist-delivered Plant & Card sent with the utmost GRATITUDE to him by SakerPride on behalf of ALL his "SAKER GIRLS"!!)
Saker Baptist College was founded, as its very name suggests, on CHRISTIAN principles. Every student that has gone through its portals has been taught to "LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL THY HEART, SOUL and MIND", and to "LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THY SELF" - whether it be through Spiritual Emphasis Events, Morning and Evening Chapel Devotions, or Regular Sunday Church Attendance. It is little wonder then, that Ex-Sakerettes continue to live out the Christian Principles instilled in them during those formative and impressionable years, and that some of them have taken on the mission of spreading "The Good News". I am one such Ex-Sakerette, so, besides the few links directly below to my favorite gospel websites, the rest of this page contains a sampling of some "Sermonnettes" I have written over the past 2 to 3 years. True, my target audience is my Saker Sisters, and the WEST AFRICAN PIDGIN I interject may get in the way - a wee little bit, but the intrinsic biblical truths embedded in them are perceptible, genderless, ageless and timeless. I HOPE AT LEAST ONE OF THEM BLESSES YOU TODAY!
Committed to helping fellow believers make it across the finish line.
- Cyber Hymnal: http://www.hymntime.com/tch/
- Bible.Is: http://www.bible.is/online
- Bible Gateway: http://www.biblegateway.com/
- Bible Broadcasting Network: http://www.bbnradio.org/
- Our Daily Bread: http://odb.org/
- Running to Win: http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/running-to-win/
THE "MAN KNOW MAN" BLESSING 03/01/2017 - Ash Wednesday Please Click On Icon Above To Read Message Sent To The Family by ExSSA-USA's President On Behalf of SAKERETTES. It was displayed at his funeral service. Wreaths were also sent by ExSSA U.S.A., CANADA, U.K & NIGERIA THANK GOD THERE WAS NO TRONG-HEAD INVOLVED! (CHRISTMAS MESSAGE) EVEN MINUS DI 4 EYE SEFF! (THANKSGIVING)
QUESTION #1: How did Carry Class, Lass Coco, IGNA(TIUS), who could never show “the working” of his sums and who copied all his answers from the back of the “LARCOMBE” find himself on the list of the few who passed the CONCOURS into ENAM? ANSWER: “NA MAN KNOW MAN”!
QUESTION #2: How did full-fledged civil servant, Mammie JAKA(LINA) win the contract to supply bed sheets to the General Hospital when she doesn’t own a business at all? (Not even a FAKE or FICTITIOUS “Letterhead”?) ANSWER : “NA MAN KNOW MAN”
We have all heard this “NA MAN KNOW MAN” statement pretty often and 99.9 percent of the time, it is uttered with bitterness, contempt, cynicism or outrage, because, invariably, someone feels that someone has benefited from a favor they did not inherently earn, merit or deserve. And, of course, if blame were to be apportioned, I guess both “MEN” – The “KNOWER” and the “KNOWEE”, would be GUILTY - even if to varying degrees!!!
BUT, WAIT A MINUTE: Is this “MAN KNOW MAN” thing ALWAYS or NECESSARILY a bad thing??? May be I should word the question a little differently: Is it categorically and unequivocally WRONG to use “MAN KNOW MAN to achieve one’s aims, goals or objectives?
An emphatic “NO”, is my answer to both questions but before any accusations about advocating or condoning CORRUPTION, NEPOTISM, FAVORITISM and any other “-ISMS”, are leveled, consider this simple situation: It might make no sense at all to you who simply strolled into SANSUI, LIDO or SUMMER Club one bright “Tea Time” day back in ‘72, gazed into MADO’s eyes and she just “Fell without SLICING”, (as in, “TOMBER SANS GLISSER”), and the 2 of you have been inseparable since, and now have 8 Children, 40 Grandchildren and 3 Great grandchildren on the way, from your 45 year old marriage!! BUT, what about SHY, TIMID, STAMMERING, BARNA(BAS) who could never pluck up the courage to go “tune/brain” BEA(TRICE), the girl of his dreams who he knows is not at all likely to “pick his height” in a room full of other BOY ALINCOs and smooth-talking GALLANT BOBÉs”. What CRIME would he be committing if he chose to enlist the help of his roommate who is the brother of the girl who sits on the same bench as this BEA in Hygiene/Nature study class?? NONE whatsoever! (Call it “MAN KNOW WOMAN” if you want, but it’s the same principle jarré!) Time to point out one OBVIOUS but VITAL part of this whole MAN KNOW MAN thing: IT CERTAINLY MATTERS WHO “THE (WO)MAN YOU KNOW” IS!!!! They have to have the CLOUT, the INFLUENCE, the LEVERAGE for the SPECIFIC “mattah arising” oh!
Need to go back to THE GOOD BOOK to fetch examples: You remember how JACOB ended up with 2 Wives: LEAH, the “HOW FOR DO”, “UNDER MUST”, “BY FORCE” “CROOKERY-BY-NIGHT” first wife that 419 LABAN tricked him into marrying after he "bolo-ed" 7 good years, expecting to marry his darling RACH(EL), for whom he had to work 7 ADDITIONAL YEARS. NOW, if you were a citizen of BETHEL or PADDAN ARAM in those days, and you needed a favor from OGA JACOB; Say you wanted to buy 5 sheep for the price of 2 and OGA J has said “NO WAY”; BIKO, PLEASE: WHICH OF HIS 2 WIVES – LEAH OR RACHEL, would you approach to help you “put in a good werd” on your behalf????? If you answered “LEAH”, then only 2 things can help you: God Himself (pray to Him for Wisdom as the Apostle James instructs us to, – or a good reading of the part of the JACOB & ESAU STORY where, a very ANXIOUS and FEAR-FEAR JACOB is preparing to face his brother ESAU for the first time after he had CONNED him out of his birthright years before. These 2 verses in Genesis 32 paint the background of the situation now that Jacob has heard the ESAU is coming to meet him:
7 In great fear and distress Jacob divided the people who were with him into two groups,[c] and the flocks and herds and camels as well. 8 He thought, “If Esau comes and attacks one group,[d] the group[e] that is left may escape.”
With this knowledge in mind, you seff-seff assess what these 2 verses in Chapter 33 imply, and then go back and “angsah” the “LEAH or RACHEL” question I asked earlier!!!
2 He put the female servants and their children in front, Leah and her children next, and Rachel and Joseph in the rear . 3 He himself went on ahead and bowed down to the ground seven times as he approached his brother.
But Please, allow me open another case: That of QUEEN ESTHER ! You know how “wicket” HAMAN had plotted to get rid of the JEWS, and how ESTHER intervened and the “mbahlock” that Haman had plotted boomeranged and caused his own death at the gallows instead, right? NOW, TELL ME: Do you think the same result would have been achieved if MORDECAI, instead of appealing to his niece, the BEAUTIFUL Esther, (who stood out from amongst the King’s countless “NJUMBAs”), had instead carried his very own bearded face and TANGA BACK FOOT and tried to go speak to the King himself????? If you answered “YES” then I can at least applaud you for having more confidence in MORDECAI than the Oga had in his own self because here’s what’s recorded in Esther 4:8 on the subject: Mordecai told Hathak to show the order to Esther. He wanted Hathak to explain it to her. Mordecai told him to tell her to go and beg the king for mercy. Mordecai wanted her to make an appeal to the king for her people.
NEED I SAY MORE? YES ooo, because even though it may not seem like it, I am going somewhere with this whole thing! I really have turn-turned and beat around the bush, trying to stress THE IMPORTANCE OF “MAN KNOW MAN”, when it comes down to LIFE; ETERNAL LIFE!!!!! Johnny Cochrane got OJ Simpson off with a NOT GUILTY verdict, but even he wouldn’t be good enough for any of us when “THAT DAY” comes! We would need to KNOW an INTERCESSOR, and not just any hong-hong-hong INTERCESSOR, but THE VERY BEST THERE IS OR EVER COULD BE! Here are His credentials and if you can find better, holler back at me:
1. OMNISCIENCE: HE KNOWS YOU AND YOUR SHORTCOMINGS, FROM A to Z: You’ve watched “cinima” one million times, right? So you have surely seen several court scenes where an entire case just “pafookahs and quenches”, because deh defendant frrogot to tell or HID a certain pertinent fact from the defense team, and the prosecution just pounced in with exhibit “A” and ... end of story, kpata-kpata, as in, ONE WAY TO THE NGATTA!! THANKFULLY, This cannot happen with SANGO YESU, because he already knows all the DIRT on you, and has already paid the penalty for it all!
2. EMPATHY: It is, very naturally, hard for anyone who hasn’t gone through a certain experience to put themselves in the shoes of someone who has. If you have never suffered the ravages of abject poverty, it may not be easy for you to sympathize, much less empathize with someone who gets embroiled and entangled in prostitution, trying to use the proceeds to put herself and her siblings through school! Homeless, marginalized, misunderstood, insulted and crucified JESUS saw and lived it all, so when we cry out to Him, He understands and can plead adequately for us.
3. NO FEES, NO “PATCHA”, NO CASE OVERLOAD, NO “I DON’T CARE”: Who doesn’t know that, just as there are many who die because they cannot AFFORD adequate healthcare, there are also many innocent people languishing in prisons all over this world simply because they cannot afford a good lawyer's RETAINER FEE??? And even when "ya pocket correct", if the JUDGE and the Legal System are flawed and corrupt, your fate would still be sealed! Also, if you are assigned a competent lawyer who, however, is OVERWORKED, SLEEP DEPRIVED and just exhausted, what are your chances, if not slim? And then, you better know that “yours is not”, as in, “YA OWN NO DEY”, if you have a court-appointed lawyer who has him “better things” he’d rather be doing, and for whom you are just “An Inscription” on some Docket Sheet somewhere. Thankfully, such is NOT the case with THE INTERCESSOR we are BLESSED to have, as believing Christians, irrespective of Race, Color, or Gender! HE IS READY, WILLING, CAPABLE and ABLE, to intercede on our behalf at no cost to us, (as in “njo’oh”)! But how do we know He cares?? I’ll answer that with another question: WHO WOULD LEAVE HEAVEN FOR THIS EARTH, SPEND 33 HARD, GRUELING YEARS IN IT AND THEN HANG STARK NAKED & BLEED TO DEATH ON A TREE FOR SOMEONE THEY DID NOT CARE FOR????
4. “GODASSE” (CLOUT; NAME RECOGNITION; COMPETENCY): This is not a PhD versus FSLC (First School Leaving Certificate), GRAY’S INN versus MUSOLE “IVINING” CLASSES, or NEW YORK BAR versus ESSOS BAR, matter at all! It is a matter of WHO, in GOD THE SUPREME & ULTIMATE JUDGE’S EYES, is COMPETENT, AUTHORIZED & CREDIBLE enough to plead our pitiful case! The BIBLE mentions only ONE BEING that is “SEATED AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD THE FATHER ALMIGHTY” and who has His undivided attention!
This is how 1 Timothy 2:5 and Acts 4:12 just sum up the whole matter, and I dare not add one word to the 2 assertions, for they could not be any clearer!
For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."
So when it comes to “MAN KNOW MAN”, I know not any other man to trust with my very Life. Na all dat!
A PICTURE OF WHAT HEAVEN MIGHT BE LIKE, I GUESS! A BLEND DIFFERENT RACES, DIFFERENT MELODIES ... THE "GOSPEL" OF DON WITT'S LATTER DAYS, According to Mark ... (A Hospital Bedside Miracle Of Sorts)
"GRAND OLD HIGHWAY" by The Cameroon College Choristers, with Maestro Don Witt Conducting! Now, By the Grace of God he's seen th'Eternal Shore, and his soul, redeemed by blood, has gone there!!!
The most amazing thing just happened. You know I have been sitting in Dad’s hospital room for 2 straight days with him hardly breathing and unable to wake up, only occasionally opening his eyes for a sip of juice. He is dying and is ready for Heaven. As you know, my parents were missionaries in Cameroon, Africa and they taught many, many young Africans both education and Christianity.
I have spent my whole life growing up with recurrent side-experiences of African contact and stories about my parents, and the multitude of students they affected over the years as the “Cameroonian boys & girls” found their way out into the wide world. This afternoon, Dad’s hospital room door swung open and a doctor, wearing a tight white doctor’s coat, quick-stepped into the room. He looked very dignified, and he looked African. He got half way to the bed and stopped, gasped – “Oh my goodness! It is he!”
The doctor stood shock-still, hand on his head, “Could it really be?? But I know it is he! Look at him!!” He turned to me and asked “Who are you? What is your name?!?” I told him that I was the son. He said, “Yes, yes – but what is your name? Are you Witt?” I said, “Yes, this is Don Witt.” With that unmistakable Cameroonian accent and with a big, beaming smile on his face, the doctor proclaimed “This is my Don Witt! He was my teacher so many years ago in Cameroon! I am one of his Cameroonian boys. It is I, Tangyie! Gerard Shu Tangyie. He loved me so!”
He began to cry and looked at my Dad so tenderly. He came to the bed and held my Dad’s hands and said so many sweet things to him with such great affection. He told me, “This man touched so many of our lives. He is the reason why I went to medical school. But more importantly he is the reason why I am a Christian! So many of us boys learned to read and think, but we also learned about Jesus Christ because of this man ... and your mother, Ruth!”
“I remember” continued Dr. Shu Tangyie, “that in our chemistry and science classes Uncle Don would always teach us that parallel lines on this earth will never intersect except when they get to the poles, the North and South poles. I have always remembered this lesson because he would then teach us that Christians need to walk in parallel with each other. He would say - Do not look too much at someone’s face when you walk with them, for you may think too much about their blemish, or their wrinkles. Instead walk side by side with them in love, for some day you will meet again at the poles of Jesus Christ, together.” He waved his hands up to his chest in happiness and said, “and now, Uncle Don and I have met again at the poles of our lives.” He and I tried several times to get Dad to wake up and see Tangyie. But we couldn’t rouse him.
Dr. Shu Tangyie told me he had seen the name on a communication board downstairs in the hospital and wondered if it could be him. He said, “I have wondered all these years if I would ever see Don Witt again. Some of us boys had stayed in touch and had heard he might be living in Tennessee, but we could never seem to find him. He is always in my heart. I have spent my life trying to live it in faith, the way Uncle Don taught us. Oh, what a special day this is! God is so good! “
He repeatedly shared with me just how influential my mother and father had been to so many people. He kept coming back to his face and would say things like, “You see? That smile is still there! He has the love of Christ on his face. No matter how old he is, that is my Uncle Don. Yes, I would know him anywhere. It is he! O Thank you!”
I picked up the Bible from the table and read a Psalm aloud while Dr. Shu Tangyie hugged my father. Dad still didn’t wake up. The doctor reviewed some things with me about Dad’s condition and talked about our decision to move forward with Hospice services. We exchanged cards and he asked to be called when the funeral would happen.
Then at the very end, Dr. ShuTangyie took hold of my dad’s feet and said “Good-bye Mr. Witt. You are a good man of God!” My Dad opened his eyes and looked right at him. The doctor leaned over and said, “Look! Look at this face, sir! It is I, Tangyie, Your brother. I am so happy to see you! Do you see me?” My Dad looked right at him and said, “Yes, Yes….. Tangyie. Hello my brother.” He smiled and drifted back off to sleep. I listened as Dr. Tangyie went out to the hall and nurses station with tears of happiness and telling people how good God was, and what a special miracle it was that had just happened. He was using yet another opportunity to tell people about Christ.
I was absolutely floored by this encounter, tingling with divine special-ness. What are the chances that, 45 years later, one of Dad’s students from Africa would be a practicing doctor in the very hospital, on the very day my father lay dying, and this doctor would see his name on a list and come up to the room just at that time. I say the chances are 1 in God. Such an impact this has made on me!
My father is the humblest man I know – yet he has influenced so many lives in this world. He lived every day of it with the Lord and witnessed it to so many people. Dr. Shu Tangyie’s visit was such a bright spot for me on a tiring, dreary day in a hospital room. The God of the universe came down and winked at me, and gave us such a wonderful gift and wrapped up in a bow - that he had been cooking up for 45 years, just for that moment. God can do such special things. That gift was good for my father, good for Dr. ShuTangyie, and good for me – all in our own special ways. Thank you Lord for this.
-- Mark Witt 4/17/2016
DEVOTION, SERVICE, LABOR OF LOVE AT SAKER BAPTIST COLLEGE ...
Playing his violin at Ebenezer Baptist Church, Victoria (Limbe) THE SET OF DORMITORIES AT SAKER BAPTIST COLLEGE THAT, (VERY DESERVEDLY), BEAR HIS NAME! (Photos taken in late December 2015) With the Choir Members of the Graduating Class of 1967 (Along with Late Miss Eunice Kern) Performing at BTTC Soppo (Buea), in May of 1967, marking the end of The Cameroon Tour which kicked off in the Northwest Province
HYMNS/ANTHEMS IN DOUALA CLICK & ENJOY!
Na Dube Ne Nde Muna Munyenge Jemea Longo
Wa Nde Na Posino Bonam Na Ni Ngodi Longe Lasu La Mbale
- The ushers will come forward and take our ties and offerings. - The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare’s Hamlet in the church basement on Friday at 7 p.m. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy. - On a church bulletin during the pastor’s illness: GOD IS GOOD; Dr. Hargreaves is better. - Helpers are needed! Please sign up on the information she ep. - The Rev. Merriwether spoke briefly, much to the delight of the audience. -The concert held in Fellowship Hall was a great success. Special thanks are due to the minister’s daughter, who labored the whole evening at the piano, which as usual fell upon her. -The outreach committee has enlisted 25 visitors to make calls on people who are not afflicted with any church. - Low Self-Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 to 8:30p.m. Please use the back door. -The audience is asked to remain seated until the end of the recession. -The 1991 Spring Council Retreat will be hell May 10 and 11. - At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be “What is Hell?”. Come early and listen to our choir practice. -The third verse of Blessed Assurance will be sung without musical accomplishment. - The music for today’s service was all composed by George Friedrich Handel in celebration of the 300th anniversary of his birth. -Today’s Sermon: How Much Can a Man Drink? with hymns from a full choir. - Hymn: “I Love Thee My F ord.” - Miss Charlene Mason sang “I will not pass this way again”, giving obvious pleasure to the congregation. - Women’s Luncheon: Each member bring a sandwich. Polly Phillips will give the medication. - Announcement in the church bulletin for a National PRAYER & FASTING conference: “The cost for attending the Fasting and Prayer conference includes meals .”
PLEASE, CLICK ON ICON TO OPEN FILES HAPPY NEW YEAR, PHENOMENAL WOMAN!
ASHIA! NA ROAD FOR ALL MAN. ... SO? VALENTINES DAY ADVICE (LOL!) GOD E HEAD CORRECT FOR INSIDE SO?
MY MOTHER'S DAY PRAYER
PALM SUNDAY LESSONS
WHY JUDAS NO GET NAMESAKE
ATTITUDES ARE CONTAGIOUS; IS YOURS WORTH CATCHING?
LOKO ON TOP WATA!
HOW MANY PIKIN & MAMMY DEM YOU GET?
FROM NGOKOLO TO MBELLA
AIN'T NOTHING BLIND ABOUT CHRISTOPHER!
BEGIN DEY SLEEP FINE!
OH, HE SEES ALL YOU DO!
MAN PROPOSES, GOD DISPOSES!
GO UP, CAM DOWN, SHING DASSOH!!
FITNESS DEY; BUT YOU GO FIT??
IF ENTERING YOUR 18 IS WHAT IT TAKES, THEN ...
THE SERIOUS SIDE OF THE WHOLE PA RUM PUM PUM PUM DEAL!
THE AIDS-ENDOWING POWER OF GOD!
FIND YOURSELF A "PERSONAL NATE" OH! 05/23/2012
HOW MANY TRUE-TRUE VALENTINE DEM YOU GET?
WETIN YOU CAM FIND FOR DIS GROUND?
HE KNOWS EXACTLY WHERE THE SHOE PINCHES; TALK TO HIM! 04/05/2012
07/03/12 DIS PRAISE PALAVA DEY SO ... Palm Sunday, 24 March, 2013 THAT "WHEN" CONDITION!
THE WAY FORWARD! (AFTER THE POST-ELECTION CHAMPAGNE-POPPING & WOUND-LICKING) MY 100% ACCURATE PROGNOSIS FOR THE 2012 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS! Tuesday, November 6th 2012 11:05 a.m. IT MAY BE “NDUTU SATURDAY” TODAY, BUT … “SUNDAY” DEY CAM!!
Maria LESSONS FROM THE "N" MEN